1. (Download 01)
- Spoiler: open/close
- Spoiler: open/close
- Spoiler: open/close
Die Dateien dort wo ihr das Spiel installiert habt und anschließend: ...*PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 \pso2_bin\data\win32 austauschen.1) Check the notes section on this page
2) Download the .rar file and open it.
3) Go into C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 \pso2_bin\data\win32 (unless you specifically saved it elsewhere) and move and replace the files from the .rar to this folder. (It is always a good idea to back up original files.)
4) Launch the Beta client and go online. Voila! Most text has been translated.
Download file, extract to your game's data\win32 directory.
By default, this will be:
32-bit: C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
If your game patches after you have copied the English patch files over, you will need to copy them over again (but don't do this after a content update, as it'll break stuff).
If you are having trouble extracting the patch to the win32 folder due to 'Access denied', run WinRAR as Administrator and navigate to the rar through that, then extract as normal.
This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use them in public parties.
We went with Dexterity/DEX instead of Ability/ABL or Skill/SKL. I felt that both of those names were ambiguous ("Ability" is a unit special that's not directly related, Skill would make it seem connected with actual skills). Qwerty suggested "Knack"/NAK, which... I can't really explain why we rejected.
The "Gulf" line of monsters has been subtly renamed. They are now Gulf, Fangulf, Gulfur, and Fangulfur, because... well... Fangulfur. Garongo is finally properly named. Big "Varder" is being called Big "Vardha" to make the reference slightly clearer.
Rewrote the mission descriptions. They were very wordy.
Xeno is now Zeno (as in Zeno's paradox). Rodio is now Rogio (as in... we have no idea, really). Maloo is now Marlu (as in the minor planetoid).
scriptkiddie: Making this all possible in the first place.
Logokas and Shanic: Assistance with the actual encryption (note: for all the "wannabe programmer" talk, Shanic is an actual security professional)
Mewn, EspioKaos, Tycho, Red_Spyro: Translation.
Qwerty: Menial copy-and-paste (tons of it)
Raujinn: Delivering useless platitudes and then demanding credit for them.
Known issues - August 1st
* The following are believed to be server-side and cannot be translated by a client patch:
- Item names and descriptions.
- Title names and prerequisites.
- Matter Board names (possibly)
* Much of the story/descriptive text is untranslated, as are most Event Tablet names.
* When confirming changes in the Makeover Counter, the following message in Japanese may appear:
- 'お会計はありません。ご利用ありがとうございました。' ('This comes at no cost to you. Thank you for using us.')
* The yellow text in the description of the Client Order 'Supplying Fang Banther Hides' is cut off. It should say 'Drops from Lv31+ Fang Banthers/Banshees.'
* Some mag Photon Blast descriptions under 'Check Actions' in the Mag menu are cut off.
* 'Emergency Trial in Orogress' under the Quest Info menu should read 'Current Emergency Trial'.
* Many instances of cut-off text when viewing Emergency Trial data through the 'Emergency Trial in Orogress' option.
* Inconsistent terminology is used for the process of boosting attributes on weapons. This will be fixed so the term used is 'Attribute grinding'.
* The start message for the Emergency Trial 'Runaway <enemy> Capture' is not translated. It should read 'Defeat <num>x runaway <enemy>! You fail if you let more than <num2> escape!'
* The short objective that appears under the minimap for the quest 'Nab Rappy Capture' says 'Capture the Nab Rappy!'. It should say 'Capture the Nab Rappies!'.
* The toast that appears when someone deposits insect fossils during the Emergency Trial 'Insect Fossil Collection!' is badly worded.
* 'Matter investigation finished' and 'Please select a matter to investigate' messages are not translated.
* Client order acceptance/abandon/reward messages don't display the message in the middle of the screen as they should. They appear normally in the log.
* The Event Tablet 'My name is Huey!' is translated, but the Matter Board investigation requiring you to find this event has the name in Japanese. This will be fixed.
* The NPC レダ is named Leda, but Matter Board objectives pertaining to him say Reda. His name will be changed to Reda to fix this.
* The following messages related to telepipes/teleportation/changing areas are not yet translated:
- 'Do you want to return to the Campship?' when using a Telepipe.
- 'You do not have permission to enter the area beyond this point.' when attempting to enter another party's single party area.
- 'Telepipe' and 'Start point' when selecting a destination after jumping into the telepool.
* The message requesting you to enter an email key due to a change in your play environment is not line broken, so it cuts off.
Further reported issues will be added when confirmed. Future patches should solve some of these issues.